WE LOVE DATA
Data Science for Social Good Portugal is an open community of data scientists, data lovers and data enthusiasts that want to tackle problems that really matter. We believe in the power of data to transform our society for the better, for everyone.
Our Mission: connect people who have data skills with (public, governmental, private or non-profit) institutions that work on projects with social impact helping them collect and transform data into actionable knowledge to increase their impact and ultimately improve the future of society with today’s data.
We are a non-profit organization that brings together data professionals and institutions working with social projects that will benefit from using data more effectively to solve their needs and challenges.
We are composed of a lead team (transversal to DSSG PT), a group of volunteers (project based), advisors and an ethics committee..
We work pro-bono in four main areas: volunteer management, communication, sponsors/partners, and beneficiaries management, trying to create impactful projects together with our volunteers.
Volunteers Management Team
- Oversees volunteer’s recruitment process
- Manages volunteer’s relationship
- Organizes events for volunteers
- Develops and implements our communication strategy
- Manages all our communication channels (website, blog, social media)
- Supports volunteers communicating their projects’ results
Sponsors & Partners Team
- Guarantees our financial stability
- Manages the relationship with sponsors and partners
- Defines a sustainability strategy
Beneficiaries Management Team
- Manages the relationship between volunteers and beneficiaries
- Defines the scope of projects done with beneficiaries
- Identifies and meets with beneficiaries to find problems we can help solve